Carrot N Squash Squished Delight
- 1 cup of medium to small diced garden fresh carrots
- 2 small squash or 1 medium to large yellow (or other heirloom variety) Can substitute or add Zucchini
- 1 Cup Bone Broth (Might need a few tablespoons extra)
- Real Mineral Rich Sea Salt
- Optional: Yolk of 1 Free Range Egg
- Optional: Small pinch of freeze dried ground grass-fed liver
- Optional: Pinch of powdered beef gelatin
Chop carrots and squash up while broth is brought to a slow simmer. Add them to the broth and bring to a boil. Stir frequently until veggies are very tender and soft. Using an immersion blender OR a food processor puree veggies and bone broth until smooth and creamy. Add extra bone broth if consistency is too thick. Add egg yolk, powdered liver and beef gelatin if desired. Add salt to taste erring on the side of lightly salting since infants tastebuds are more sensitive then adults.
Recipe can be doubled and tripled if desired. Allow to cool and then freeze in ice cub trays. Can be thawed for meals on the go later!
Special Cautions: It is very important to safely source eggs if you are going to use them with an infant. It is highly controversial giving egg yolks to an infant because traditionally they known to provoke allergic reactions. This is partly why it is so important to use ONLY free range eggs that have not been fed grains. Often times the reaction to egg yolks is not to the egg yolks themselves but to the grains (GMO soy or corn) that have been fed to the hens.